User experience professional driven by curiosity to understand what users need when interacting with a product. Passionate about improving the design and experience to ensure a pleasurable, usable, and useful experience for all users. Comprehensive knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods. Holds a MS in Human Factors and Information Design from Bentley University.
Lead User Experience Researcher, Staples Digital Solutions, 2017-2008
Managed the usability research across Staples digital properties including prioritizing and scheduling research activities, determining the best research method based on goals, timelines, and budget, and advocating for the user during design sessions. Responsible for monitoring digital properties for usability and accessibility issues.
Senior User Experience Researcher, Staples Digital Solutions, 2013-2017
Evaluated and improved the user experience for Staples’ digital properties which included a consumer-facing website and apps, a business-to-business website, and associate-facing devices. Worked within an agile environment to conduct user research on the highest priority, highest risk design elements.
Usability Researcher, Staples Retail Marketing, 2010-2013
Conducted customer interviews and observations to understand customers’ shopping behavior in order to make improvements to store signage and product merchandising.
User Experience Researcher (contractor), H&R Block, 2009-2010
Responsible for running weekly user research sessions with a focus on consumer tax software.
Research Associate, Bentley University Design and Usability Center, 2007-2009
Assisted research consultants in planning and executing usability studies, in-home interviews, and surveys. Presented suggestions for improvements to clients.
User-Experience Services Intern, MassMutual Financial Group, 2007
Provided support to the user experience team in conducting and analyzing user research sessions.
- Gather user needs and requirements through interviews, contextual observations, and surveys.
- Evaluate designs by conducting user research and provide findings that are realistic and actionable within given restraints.
- Conduct and coordinate requirements gathering brainstorming sessions across business owners, developers, and designers.
- Manage usability lab logistics, including recruiting and compensation.
- Research Techniques: moderated and unmoderated usability sessions, surveys, contextual interviews, field research, heuristic reviews, card sorts
- Research Tools: UserTesting.com, Userzoom, Ovo Studios, Tobii Eye-Tracking, VisionCritical
- Design Tools: Axure RP 8 Teams, Sketch, Adobe CS Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), Invision, Zeplin, HTML / CSS
Master of Science in
Human Factors and Information Design
School of the Museum of Fine Arts (expected 2018)
Bachelor of Science in
Information Design and Media Arts