I am a user experience researcher with experience conducting a wide range of usability evaluation techniques including usability tests, card sorts, field interviews, and surveys. I hold a Master of Science in Human Factors and Information Design from Bentley University.
Lead User Experience Researcher, Staples Digital Solutions, current
Head the usability research across Staples digital properties, including Staples.com, mobile apps, in-store kiosks, and associate facing tools. Work closely with Information Architects and Visual Designers during requirements gathering and design stages to ensure an optimal user experience. Maintain and run the usability lab and incentive process.
Senior Usability Researcher, Staples e-commerce, 2013-2017
Enhanced the user experience on Staples’ digital properties through interviews and observations of customers and associates in an in-house usability lab and using remote usability and survey tools.
Usability Researcher, Staples Retail, 2010-2013
Enhanced customers’ retail experience within Staples locations by improving store layout, merchandising, and customer-facing technology through customer interviews and observations within the retail environment as well as in-lab research.
User Experience Researcher (contractor), H&R Block, 2009-2010
Responsible for coordinating, conducting, and analyzing weekly user research sessions with a focus on consumer tax software.
Research Associate, Bentley University Design and Usability Center, 2007-2009
Planned, conducted and analyzed usability studies, interviews, in-home observations, and surveys. Presented suggestions for improvement to clients.
User-Experience Services Intern, MassMutual Financial Group, 2007
Observed usability studies and took notes using Morae software. Analyzed usability study results using both Morae and Visio. Developed scenarios and user profiles based on field observations.
- Gather user needs and requirements through interviews, contextual observations, and surveys.
- Evaluate designs by conducting user research and provide findings that are realistic and actionable within given restraints.
- Manage and coordinate usability lab logistics, including recruiting and compensation.
- Research Techniques: moderated and unmoderated usability sessions, surveys, contextual interviews, field research, heuristic reviews
- Research Tools: UserTesting.com, Userzoom, Ovo Studios, Tobii Eye-Tracking, VisionCritical
- Technical: MS Office365, Adobe CS Suite, Axure RP 8, Windows Movie Maker, SnagIt, HTML / CSS
Certificate in Graphic Design
School of the Museum of Fine Arts, 2018 (expected)
Master of Science in Human Factors in Information Design
Bentley University, 2009
Bachelor of Science in Corporate Communication and Liberal Studies
Bentley University, 2007